| PR #2 || Bump github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum from 1.10.12 to 1.10.17 |
| dependencies || Bumps [github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum](https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum) from 1.10.12 to 1.10.17. |
Sourced from github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum's releases.
This is a maintenance release. This release contains a lot of work in preparation for The Merge, and work for an upcoming change to the way state is stored in go-ethereum.
This release also adds a new tool to convert 'legacy' receipts into a newer format. During startup, geth will check the database and tell you if you need to perform the conversion. Converting receipts is only needed if geth's
ancients database has not been resynced from scratch during the last couple of years. It is recommended to back-up your receipts freezer table (
ancients/receipts*) before performing the conversion.
Compatibility note about
core/types: For optimization purposes,
types.Header and other types in this package now implement the
rlp.Encoder interface. This change can cause incompatibilities because the new method is implemented with pointer receiver. Attempting to RLP-encode unadressable (i.e. non-pointer) values of type
Header does not work anymore and will result in an error.
- A lot of work towards "The Merge" (TM) was performed (#24574, #24569, #24550, #24548, #24506, #24545, #23982, #24522, #24364)
- A lot optimizations for RLP encoding and package trie were added (roughly 20-30% improvement) (#24126, #24425, #24420, #24251)
- Preparatory work for an upcoming for state layout change (#24460, #23954, #24486, #24391, #24392)
- GraphQL: fee history API methods were added, along with nonce for pending accounts (#24452)
- The non-cgo fallback secp256k1 crypto library was updated and is now ~25% faster (#24533)
- Support for signing nested types via
- Receipt converter tool (#24028)
- Our builds were updated to use Go 1.18
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.10.17 release milestone.
As with all our previous releases, you can find the:
The focus of this release is bugfixes.
- Block tracing via
debug.traceBlockByHash has sometimes produced inconsistent/corrupt results. Fixed via (#24286).
--whitelist CLI parameter functionality was broken in
v1.10.14, and is fixed in this release (#24210).
- A bug was introduced, and subsequently fixed, which could cause data corruption during mining (#24349).
- When signing complex datatypes in EIP712-type data, the signing-hash was incorrect. Fixed via (#24220).
- Evm execution times exported via
metrics, were sometimes incorrect. Fixed in (#24304).
- Range prover edgecases found and fixed (#24266, #24257).
- Fix an error related to
HTTP2 handling (#24292).
- A lot of spleling-mistkaes and issues related to correctness were fixed (#24194, #24196, #24198, #24205, #24207, #24244, #24270, #24271, #24224, #24372, #24323, #24289, #24263 and #24211).
- Work on The Merge includes support for
RANDOM opcode (#24141) and various other internal refactorings (#24328, #24280, #24236, #23256).
devp2p binary now supports doing
snap/v1 protocol testing against a remote node, which can be used for Hive-testing (#24276).
- New diagnostic command to show database metadata (#23900)
ethclient support for
25c9b49 params: go-ethereum v1.10.17 stable
de6a113 eth/catalyst: only apply block if we actually have the state (#24598)
b502b6a cmd/geth: change to non-fatal error message when legacy receipt storage is no...
1027cb5 Merge pull request #24605 from karalabe/revert-setting-ttd
b06e8c4 core/vm: fix sstore gas comment type (#24583)
b45d82e core: set ttd override on all chain variations
0fffd3a build: close sftp connection when done (#24593)
eb3ebce internal/build: exit sftp upload (#24590)
d1c243f internal/build: prevent travis timeout during ppa upload (#24589)
19b9cf7 internal/build: show ppa upload process stdout on stdout (#24588)
- Additional commits viewable in compare view
[![Dependabot compatibility score](https://dependabot-badges.githubapp.com/badges/compatibility_score?dependency-name=github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum&package-manager=go_modules&previous-version=1.10.12&new-version=1.10.17)](https://docs.github.com/en/github/managing-security-vulnerabilities/about-dependabot-security-updates#about-compatibility-scores) Dependabot will resolve any conflicts with this PR as long as you don't alter it yourself. You can also trigger a rebase manually by commenting `@dependabot rebase`. [//]: # (dependabot-automerge-start) [//]: # (dependabot-automerge-end) ---
Dependabot commands and options
You can trigger Dependabot actions by commenting on this PR: - `@dependabot rebase` will rebase this PR - `@dependabot recreate` will recreate this PR, overwriting any edits that have been made to it - `@dependabot merge` will merge this PR after your CI passes on it - `@dependabot squash and merge` will squash and merge this PR after your CI passes on it - `@dependabot cancel merge` will cancel a previously requested merge and block automerging - `@dependabot reopen` will reopen this PR if it is closed - `@dependabot close` will close this PR and stop Dependabot recreating it. You can achieve the same result by closing it manually - `@dependabot ignore this major version` will close this PR and stop Dependabot creating any more for this major version (unless you reopen the PR or upgrade to it yourself) - `@dependabot ignore this minor version` will close this PR and stop Dependabot creating any more for this minor version (unless you reopen the PR or upgrade to it yourself) - `@dependabot ignore this dependency` will close this PR and stop Dependabot creating any more for this dependency (unless you reopen the PR or upgrade to it yourself) - `@dependabot use these labels` will set the current labels as the default for future PRs for this repo and language - `@dependabot use these reviewers` will set the current reviewers as the default for future PRs for this repo and language - `@dependabot use these assignees` will set the current assignees as the default for future PRs for this repo and language - `@dependabot use this milestone` will set the current milestone as the default for future PRs for this repo and language You can disable automated security fix PRs for this repo from the [Security Alerts page](https://github.com/hyperledger-labs/perun-credential-payment/network/alerts).
Created At 2022-05-24 20:56:59 +0000 UTC